Moving house involves a whole myriad of things to accomplish beforehand to make the move a smooth one. Along with packing, arranging transport vehicles, informing all entities about address change, etc, you will also need to think of the utilities. With internet being a major part of daily life, you will need to ensure that there is a smooth transition of your broadband connection from your old home to your new home.
Here are some steps to follow for a hassle-free shift of your broadband connection:
1. Call up your internet service provider’s customer care number and request for a shift to your new home address.
2.If they have service available in the area of your new home, they will confirm your request for shifting your broadband connection.
3. You should inform your internet service provider at least a week before shifting home so they are prepared to activate your new connect on the same day you move in and deactivate your current service.
4. Shifting your internet connection might involve a fee; be sure to find out beforehand.
5. Moving home is the best time to check if there are other internet service providers who offer better or cheaper broadband plans for your family’s everyday needs.
6. Go one step further and ask around your new neighbourhood about the broadband service provider they are using.
7. Shifting base is also a great time to change your broadband package. Its better to choose an unlimited fiber optic connection as it offers stable high download speeds that are so convenient for all the browsing and video streaming needs of the family.
8. In case you are changing your broadband service provider, you will need to arrange ahead to end the service on the date you are moving out; this will ensure there are no unnecessary extra costs or hassles.
9. You should also check if there is any refund due to you for stopping service in case you are changing your broadband provider.
10. Just in case there is a delay in broadband connection in your new home, be prepared with temporary measures such as a tethered smartphone or a dongle.